One of the most important things, that people sometimes forget about, is protecting your skin while on a winter trip!
Here are some easy tips to keeping your skin healthy while enjoying the winter
- To prevent raccoon eyes, sunburned cheeks, and a wind-chapped face, wear a face mask -- but let's be honest, the ninja look isn't exactly "cute". So instead choose a scarf, bandanna or neck gaiter--go with fleece instead of wool, because it dries faster and is less likely to irritate your skin
- Apply a sunscreen with both UVA and UVB coverage on all exposed areas. Try using a sunscreen stick, which will last longer and is less likely to melt/rub off while hitting the slopes
Post "snow day"
- Use lip butter instead of regular lip balm, because it's much more hydrating
- Make sure to put body lotion on shortly after getting out of the shower, as it will help your skin retain more moisture
- Use a humidifier at night --- dry heat from a heater or fireplace will dry out your skin, worsen lip chapping and hoarseness in your voice
A few simple tips, and you'll keep your skin healthy this winter season!